Don’t fall victim to a false sense of security in your home. Dangers such as fires or carbon monoxide can quietly sneak up on you and your family without the proper security system in place.
Know the Risks
Thousands of Americans succumb to injury or death from fire and/or carbon monoxide poisoning (a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas) each year. According to the National Fire Protection Authority, in 2011 there were more than 370,000 home fires which injured 13,910 and killed 2,520 civilians. The number grows when you add civilian deaths attributed to non-automotive carbon monoxide poisoning. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, this silent killer nabs the life of approximately 170 innocent people each year.
Both fires and carbon monoxide poisoning are often caused by everyday activities and appliances used in your home. House fires are most commonly started by cooking, electrical systems, dryers, kids playing with matches, heating, candles, smoking and Christmas trees. Carbon monoxide is often caused by portable generators, fireplaces and charcoal used in enclosed areas.
A Watchdog Looking Out For You
When fire and/or carbon monoxide threaten you and your family, time is of the essence. Your Genius Interactive Security System is on the lookout for signs of these deadly killers 24/7. It’s like having a watchdog with super-sensitive smelling patrolling your home ready to alert you at the first sign of danger.
The system activates an attention-grabbing alert at home and also notifies you on your mobile device. That way, if you’re away you’ll know if loved ones or pets at home are at risk and you can ensure they receive the help they need to quickly get out of harm’s way.