Employee Theft, is it hurting your bottom line?
It seems like no matter where you turn, you are faced with the brutal truth of today’s economy. Did you know that business owners spend billions of dollars each year to help protect against theft? In 2012, employee theft cost companies $34.5 billion, accounting for 43.9% of total loss. Below are the most costly employee theft crimes and the cutting-edge ways to solve them.
5 Explosive Ways to Combat Employee Theft
Problem #1: Taking Money from the Register
Solution: Internet Protocol Cameras
- For many years, analog CCTV cameras watched over registers, but today IP cameras are bringing the latest and greatest to a whole new level. These type of cameras not only enhance loss prevention (i.e. Employee Theft!), but also monitor customer service and other workplace issues by viewing internet connected computers or mobile devices. Talk to the team at Electronic Eye Security to learn more about our Genius Surveillance.
Problem #2: Copying the Company’s Digital Assets
Solution: Cloud-Based Security Solutions
- With 2011 being declared the year of the security breach, it’s important now more than ever to protect the company’s digital assets. Cloud-based services have features that can help protect by providing firewall maintenance, intrusion prevention and antivirus monitoring.
Problem #3: Stealing Customer Data
Solution: Data Encryption Services
- Many companies provide these types of services which restricts access on the hardware level. In addition, some may even have a hack-proof feature.
Problem #4: Pilfering Products
Solution: Radio Frequency Identification Tags
- Inventory practices need to be initiated in companies to help prevent products from walking out the door. RFID tags come in 2 types that readers can detect either up to 40 feet or 300 feet away. Inventory can be conducted more frequently since it’s less laborious to account for shelved or store products.
Problem #5: Cheating On Time Sheets
Solution: Biometric Identification Systems
- These systems keep employees accountable for their time on the job and help prevent “buddy-punching.” These types of systems include facial recognition, fingerprints, RFID badges and web interfaces to track employee time on the job. You can read more about Access Control HERE.
Problem: Shocking Losses Due To Employee Theft
Solution: Call Electronic Security System for your 72 Point Audit that will identify your property’s unique security weak-spots and safety vulnerabilities so you will be armed with the knowledge to make educated, well-informed security decisions!
Electronic Eye Security difference starts with knowledge—the knowledge you need to make an informed buying decision. Any security dealer can sell you a security system, but are they identifying all your safety & security concerns and needs first? Are they taking the 5 most costly employee theft crimes into consideration before designing your security system?
Discover Your Safety and Security Hotspots TODAY! You can find more information at www.thesecuritygenius.com
Michael Houser, President
Electronic Eye Security, Inc.
The Security Genius – with over 58,000 hours of experience
Lock it up!